View Single Post
Old 19-09-23, 06:22 AM

Hi Andrew,

Hope you have a good and a very enjoyable journey.

I took my 410 over there in March (via France) this year but unfortunately the old girl didn’t make it back under her own steam but that’s another very long winded story!!!

What Roger said is correct but I would like to add the following:-
* For simplicity, go to Halfords or Amazon and purchase some headlamp converters; they cost less than £10.00 and they are the right shape and size. They also have precise fitting instructions and they stick to the headlights.
* I also recommend an amber flashing light you can place on the roof in the event of a breakdown, preferably with its own rechargeable battery, invaluable if you do break down, because the hazard warning lights on a 410 are rubbish compared to modern cars, particularly on a wet night.
* Make sure you have 1st class breakdown insurance which includes repatriation back to the UK. My cover was about £50 or £60 but saved me well over £3k.
* I suggest you check on the Spanish requirements for the need to have a valid roadworthy certificate for your car. I took my UK MOT Certificate with me. You will also need to have the vehicle registration documents and insurance certificate with you.
* One last point, make sure you have adequate mileage allowance on your classic car insurance. Some policies limit the mileage to a couple of thousand miles per year.
Brian