View Single Post
Old 19-09-23, 08:58 PM

Yes, Halfords headlight converters do stick extremely well, but they are a bit bigger than they need to be leaving even less light on the road. And, in my experience, they stick rather too well leaving one with a bit of a problem if facing a long drive home back in the uk if your ferry arrives in the evening. You can get the solid bit off with a bit of a struggle but you are still left with the sticky stuff which upsets the dipped beam no end. You takes your choices ……

Yes indeed, you’ll need original insurance and registration certificates and taking an MOT certificate is also a good plan. If you do get stopped the more paper the better. You don’t have to transgress to be stopped, mere interest in the car or why you’re driving about looking lost is quite enough.

Also, I forgot to mention, always take a set of spare bulbs which are very frequently required on the continent. I doubt anybody would ever actually check that they are the right bulbs but still.

Don’t let all this alarm you, I found the Spanish charming, if rather bound by beurocracy