View Single Post
Old 18-12-23, 04:43 PM

Default Austone Taxi Tyres

I know several 2 Litre owners who have been long term users of Michelin Taxi tyres and that was what I am considering putting on one of my 401's.
At the moment its on the tyres fitted by the previous owner and they have hardly any road use and appear to be in perfect condition, however they are a brand I had never heard of Marangoni they are 175/75 r16 so in that respect they are ok but they are marked up as M100LT, obviously LT = light truck and the tyres are anything but they are very heavy compared to the Vredestein's on my other 401, probably very stiff side walls. The other issue two of the tubes seem to have moved, there is no sign of collars on the valves so they are going to have to come off to sort that out anyway.
I have seen at least one car fitted with Austone Taxi radials, the type from adverts on the internet is an Austone CSR 81, again a 175 16 but an 80 profile so I would need a full set as I would with the Michelins. The Austone's have a price advantage which makes them tempting.
I am hoping someone has tried them on a two litre and car give me some feed back .
Geoff.