View Single Post
Old 19-12-23, 01:47 PM

GeoffD,
It is probably brake related we were working with the cylinders that were on the car which apparently had been renewed years previously, It was a stalled project, but with the precaution of new seals. During the course of the work I was able to obtain a decent quality 3:1 ratio servo from a former owner of a 401 or 403 who had sold the car before it had been used, I must admit I had been inclined to fit a 2:1 or 2.1:1 unit but the 3:1 was at a very good price and the paper work that came with it specified Bristol 401 & 403 in the application list. I must admit I have not tried a high speed a high speed application but the wheels have locked up turning into a layby, turning into my lane and in front of my workshop, the approach to which is compacted shale, a sharp prod of the pedal locks up all four wheels so calls for a light foot!, I am going at some stage to get a Servo fitted on the other 401 but I am thinking now of a unit with a lower boost ratio, do you think I am on the right lines or am I missing something? Its Drum brakes all the way round by the way.
GeoffK