View Single Post
Old 11-04-24, 01:47 PM

Smile Power steering on a 407/8

I too fitted an electric adjustable power steering to my 407 in 2019, some 20 years after buying the car but by 75 years of age I was finding it quite an effort. I asked Brian Morrelli at Bristol Cars who they used as they had converted quite a few. He put me in touch with GTC engineering at Silverstone. They supplied and fitted it and what with the Michelin X tyres I had fitted the previous year it transformed the driving experience.
I had previously obtained from Bristol Cars a new old stock steering column so that the car could be converted back to std. for the purist.
The system has 4 settings which helps at speed when p/s is not needed and the highest setting for parking.
I had hoped it would allow my wife to drive the Bristol, no such luck.!! She says it is too long with the nose out in the road at a junction. It is a tad longer that the 408.
I had to buy her a 300SL Mercedes which she loves.
They are my sole classics, but we have 2 electric cars, a Subaru Solterra and an MG4 trophy.
The power steering in an EPAC-GEN2.
I saw the EZ one at Essen on a stand quite a few years ago but the nearest agent was 400 miles away in darkest Cornwall.
Nick