View Single Post
Old 22-06-24, 01:37 AM

David C,
Thanks for the lengths of your old and new 406 rear shockers.
The Koni yellow shockers are their Sport specification which the Australian agent advised will give a firmer ride than a standard Koni orange shocker .

It is interesting that the new Koni when fully closed is 13.25 inch compared to 12 inch of your old shockers.
Hopefully that difference won't cause the shocker to bottom out when the axle comes fully up .

Maybe you should take some measurements (with the axle down on the snubber straps )
1. between the upper and lower shocker mountings
2. the top rubber buffer to the axle where the axle would meet the rubber buffer.

This should give you
1. whether the 22.5 inch (plus the washer and rubber at each end) is longer than measurement #1
2. whether the 13.25 inch (plus the washer and rubber at each end) is shorter or longer than the #2 measurement.

You would not want the shocker limiting the travel in either direction.

I suggest you trial these new Koni on the softest setting and hopefully they will be suitable.
The Koni I recently bought for the 403 front suspension were suitable lengths open and closed but way too firm on the softest settings .
To get them revalved doubled the overall cost but the ride on the softest setting is definitely smoother. I can always firm them up if required.

GeoffD