View Single Post
Old 20-09-24, 07:44 PM

Unless the 411/5 has a significantly different tunnel arrangement to the 410 there would be no need to alter the seating.
One of the forum members has a 410 with an A518 and I have just fitted an A500 to my 410. This has the same overdrive casing as the A518. We both have the original seats fitted. It's not the simplest of jobs to fit the overdrive 'box but I am very pleased with the result.
It would be interesting to know more about the factory conversions of 411s. I think they probably had replacement 360 cu in engines but I'm not sure. There is now an Ultra -bell adaptor which simplifies fitment to big block Chrysler engines.

It is my understanding that the oil sprayed under the piston on a standard engine will keep the heat down to a manageable temperature but I'm no expert. Big block V8s have done very well in endurance races such as Le Mans, working much, much harder than you are considering for 24 hours continuously. It isn't just the RPM but the load on the engine at that speed that generates the heat.