View Single Post
Old 09-10-24, 09:31 AM

Thanks for all the replies - much appreciated.
Re continuing investment (Roger) I console myself with the fact that it is probably less than the annual depreciation on our modern cars and I do enjoy it as we're now at the stage - most of the time - where money spent results in improvements, rather than fixing stuff one thought was ok.
Have done many thousands of happy and swift miles throughout Europe this spring/summer, without incident so I'm very happy.
The only real issue I have with the brakes is that once it's been sat for a while, on the first push of the brakes you meet some resistance but not much happens, then you keep the pressure on and the the pedal goes to its normal position and you have normal braking. After that first push, it works perfectly. David has already suggested that first port of call is to work the piston back and forth and just have a good visual inspection.
The pedal requires quite a bit of effort, but I have no benchmark. It certainly requires one to stand on it a bit when hauling down from high speeds.
The servos were done by SLJ when I bought the car as well as overhauled callipers, discs and pads.
I did the BODA sprint at Southport and it coped well with late, hard braking with good bite.
On reflection and re-reading your replies, it seems a good idea to have a proper look at the callipers, followed by the servo - just to make sure it's all working as it should, and go from there. It's a repro servo and I've had fun and games with them in the past on other cars.
Will keep you posted. Any more thoughts, keep them coming please