View Single Post
Old 03-11-09, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbennetts View Post
Bristol people are supposed to be discreet, aren't they ?
I don't know, are they? I don't remember signing up to some stereotype when I bought my Bristol. Although doubtless there are some people who think they are somehow superior because they own a secondhand Bristol.

Besides, most Bristol owners have other cars so if our cars do have some bearing on our personality why should Bristol take precedence?

Martin Buckley once wrote that his lasting memory of a close encounter on BOC members was "beards, dandruff and bow ties", so I'm glad we're not all the same

As for book criticism, why should it not be public? After all, publishing a book is the ultimate in publicly expressing ones opinion. In this case it is a book that is being marketed and sold globally, so I'm sure it will reach a far wider audience than a web forum such as this one.

So if you have any opinions about this new book, feel free to voice them here. But whether you think the book is good, bad or average, please say why, because without some supporting argument your opinion is worthless.

As an aside, I just received the latest new book listing from a motoring bookshop here Australia called Pitstop. They offer the new Bristol book at $135. I'm sure when I ordered a copy from Amazon it was priced around $60, so either the price has gone up considerably or there's some serious profiteering going on.