View Single Post
Old 04-02-10, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Howard View Post
I finally received my copy of this book from Amazon (USA) today. I suppose it's justifiable that those us paying only $US39.66 should get theirs last.
Not only did mine arrive quickly from Amazon.co.uk before Christmas, but one I ordered the other day as a present for a friend came, post free, the following day.

Quote:
The title is different to what I ordered but I won't quibble about that!
I think that I posted back in Sept./Oct. that Haynes were quoting it under its current title — it obviously changed between my conversations with Balfour and it going into production.

I
Quote:
It is a mystery to me why Amazon are selling it so cheaply - I would have happily paid the full £50 cover price.
Such is the power of Amazon though: I get a discount from Haynes (direct) and this special price for authors and shareholders would still have been above that of Amazon.

Quote:
Even if you already have every other book ever printed about Bristols this new one is still well worth buying!
I agree and am very glad that I pulled the plug on the one I had been commissioned to write as Balfour has done a magnificent job and his approach is the one such a topic required. Congratulations also should go to Haynes in realizing that this was the type of volume that was required for Bristol (I failed to convince a rival publisher about this type of format).

George