View Single Post
Old 27-01-11, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
Why don't you switch it to opt out? Claude
Claude, I did have Opt Out as the default, but unfortunately I continually have to deal with members who (presumably) didn't read the spiel when they signed up, don't take the time to look into how they can unsubscribe, then complain to me about the emails they receive, mostly politely, but sometimes not. Either way it creates a support overhead because I have to go in an unsubscribe them. Some just spit the dummy and ask for their account to be cancelled.

With Opt Out as default there would be an ongoing issue for me as new people subscribe.

There's also the risk that people who get fed up with the emails and can't be bothered to work out how to unsubscribe, flag the site as a source of spam with a "block list" operator.

I believe that people who are really interested in keeping in touch with the site will take the trouble to subscribe and if they can't work out how to do it they will ask me for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julf View Post
Any chance of a RSS feed? I know I will just stop following the forums if I have to remember to actively go and check them.
Done. RSS Feeds are turned on.