View Single Post
Old 30-01-11, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
Hi Kevin,

As I experience the new format, it seems that all I get in my inbox is a notice that someone has made a posting. It does not include the content of that posting. To get that, I must go to the forum and read. I fear that this will result in the decline of use of your valuable forum.

There are times when the contributions to the forum are on a subject of no interest to to a member of the forum. They hit the delete key on the email and move on. However, to have to click on the thread to find out they am not interested becomes too cumbersome, too time consuming. Thus, it is likely that the forum will receive fewer posts.

The old system that was instant to the inbox may have caused you managerial problems but it did work and it was effective. I think it is essential that the message that is posted accompany the email notice. This is not an uncommon feature of forum software, including free open-source, and it may be a switch you can set on the control panel.

Claude
Kevin,
I thought it was just me being a thick old git, but I did enjoy receiving the full text of threads. Perhaps there is a way to do it but although I am opted in to all threads I cannot find a way of getting the full text without visiting the web site. If that is what you intended then I will put up with it but I could not see anything wrong with the way it was before.
regards and thanks, Nick

Last edited by Nick Challacombe; 30-01-11 at 02:27 PM. Reason: spelling as usual!