View Single Post
Old 21-09-14, 10:31 AM

Default EPS - Do it your self

Hi,

First post here.

I recently installed electric power steering in a 1966 Mustang, I thought I would share the step by step, "how to" in case anyone wants to give it a try. One approach if wanting to keep original look in the engine bay but still have power assist.

I have made countless modifications to this car and this is the best one to date.

The EPS units are plentiful (and inexpensive) in the bone yard. Fabrication and installation is not difficult if your somewhat handy with tools.

I designed a controller that automatically adjusts the assist level with speed, one finger in the parking lot and sports car feel from 5MPH up. Much better feel than hydraulic (no floaty feeling on the highway). No hydraulics, pumps, belts, leaks or noise.

The write-up is ongoing with a lot of pictures so instead of posting in multiple places you can follow along here: Best $200 mod ever (EPS). - Page 7 - Vintage Mustang Forums

Details on the installation start in post #97

This is what it looked like just before final installation. http://www.bristolcars.info/forums/a...1&d=1411295386

If you have any questions just ask, and feel free to critique.

slow-poke
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Complete.JPG (608.6 KB, 23 views)