View Single Post
Old 12-12-14, 12:01 AM

Default Power steering

Just come across the forum whilst looking for something else, but after reading through felt I should let you know that this year I have converted a 405 DH and a 408 saloon for customers, I am the UK agent for the Dutch company EZ, of which there was mention, we design and build bespoke electric columns for around 500 different classic and sports cars, from cira 1910 to the latest 2014 Alfa 4C
Our columns are built to replicate the original with the powered unit hidden up under the dash out of sight. A 405 column is almost 5 foot long, we build a complete new column from the lower rubber joint to the spline shaft that the steering wheel attaches with our motorised unit built in. We build in both negative and positive earth, RHD/ LHD our systems are speed sensitive and have personal driver adjustment to set your own level of assistance. Our systems are built to tough TUV standards, and have a two year warentee, the cost of a Bristol 401-405 -408 conversion at my workshop in Devon would be £3348.00 including the VAT. P.S. Nice stand at the NEC, I picked up a copy of the bulletin. Regards Mike Waters