Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum  

Go Back   Bristol Cars - Owners and Enthusiasts Forum > Bristol Forums > 6 cyl Bristol cars

6 cyl Bristol cars Type 400 to 406 - restoration, repair, maintenance etc

Rear Axle bump stop for 401.

Old 24-09-24, 12:26 PM

Default Rear Axle bump stop for 401.

A friend of mine is restoring my old 401 and has asked if I have a spare rear axle bump stop, the one in my parts store is for my land rover is far too big and sadly those that were on the spares car are long gone, can anyone help, new or good used. Alternatively does anyone know of an alternative that will fit or can be adapted.

Geoff.
Old 24-09-24, 02:24 PM

Default Bump stops

I am sure that Graham at. Ristorante spares will have this everyday item in stock, he must get very frustrated reading emails like this.
Old 24-09-24, 09:17 PM

Nick
I don't know who you are referring to when you say"Graham at. Ristorante spares will have this everyday item in stock, he must get very frustrated reading emails like this". I have never heard of "Ristorante spares or the contact person "Graham" you refer to to. If you actually mean Graeme at CBCPC he has already replied on an another forum with information on an alternative part which may help my friend resolve this issue. My friend came to me as what I understood was a last resort trying to find a usable original part new or used as he had no joy with some of the usual sources hoping I may have one or that there may have been some on my spares car, I did not and there were none on my spares car hence my post.
I am sorry to say I find the tone of your response rather disappointing given the help and advice I have given you over the years as a spares and technical adviser to one of the clubs of which you are I think still a member, even we have to ask for help sometimes so saying emails like my original post are frustrating for suppliers is frankly not on.
Geoff.

Last edited by Geoff Kingston; 25-09-24 at 03:25 PM.